Monday, July 29, 2013

Ikat nails

Ever since I saw this trend getting big, I had to try it out! So here we go: 
The colors I used were a turquoise from Rue 21, Lime Crime's Peach ❤ Cream, Finger Prints in white, and Stripe Rite in Black. I also used Essie's Matte About You too! Anyway... Here we go:
But let me give you a detailed break down of these pictures.
Two coats of the Rue 21 Turquoise. 
Lime Crime Peaches ❤ Cream comes next in little cloud shapes. I used a nail dotter tool to make them. I'm obsessed with nail dotters...if you don't own any, but some right now! They cost practically nothing on Amazon...but they're priceless to nailart! 
I then used Finger Paints white to add a little spot/blob to each orange cream "cloud." One of the things that I love about the ikat design is that it doesn't have to be perfect! 
I love the Stripe Rite nailpolishes because their brushes are super, super thin...so it makes it easy to create itty bitty, skinny lines like these! 
No flash!
Before adding Essie's Matte About You on my non-designed nails
Thanks for reading!
-Marissa







No comments:

Post a Comment